Type of job: Full-time employee
Entry Date: immediately
At Chrono24, we have customers in over 80 countries and conduct business in more than 20 languages. Our editorial team in Berlin is responsible for translating all in-house marketing texts into select languages so we can offer our users the best possible buying and selling experience. As our American English translator, you will be responsible for translating German texts into your native tongue and editing original English texts written by external authors while maintaining a focus on the US market. You will work closely with colleagues in our Karlsruhe, Berlin, New York, and Hong Kong offices. Our translation management team provides weekly briefings about the translation jobs, and you will work with an established team of external editors to ensure high-quality output.
- Localize challenging texts for our website, customer communication (B2C and B2B), and online magazine – primarily for the American market. While doing so, you always put the user experience of our English-speaking users first.
- Edit English texts written by external authors for our online magazine, thus guaranteeing uniform quality and style.
- Support our product management, customer relations, PR, and sales teams with your localization and transcreation expertise.
- Regularly communicate with our office in New York to maintain a close relationship with our users.
- Participate in weekly video briefings with translation management and individual stakeholders to learn all relevant details about the texts due for translation.
- Translate texts using Wordbee, our cloud-based translation tool with a comprehensive translation memory. Work together with a team of external editors to manage the American English terminology database.
- Actively contribute to further developing our platform with suggestions for improvement.
- Put your basic understanding of keyword research, search engine optimization, and the associated tools into practice to continually improve the visibility of our localized texts on Google and other search engines.
What sets you apart
- American English is your first language, and you have strong writing and speaking skills. Furthermore, you have an excellent command of the German language.
- You hold a degree in translation or linguistics or a comparable field.
- You have relevant experience translating and localizing website content from German into American English for the e-commerce and marketing sectors.
- You are highly conscious of quality and have a keen eye for detail.
- You're internet savvy and often browse English-language websites.
- You are proficient with standard Office programs and are quick to learn new systems.
- You have experience translating with CAT tools and maintaining terminology databases.
- You can work independently and are also an excellent team player.
Diversity at Chrono24: We believe there's strength in diversity.
Diversity is at the core of our business culture. We firmly believe that diversity leads to a culture of tolerance and understanding. Each individual's unique experiences enrich our team and contribute to our success, which is why we never ask you to be anything but yourself.
You are YOU, and that's how it should be.
Your application will be handled by
Do you have questions? Feel free to call us: +49 721 96693-240